Sunday, November 22, 2009

OSCAR TIME!

It's that time of year at the movies - when actors and actresses starve themselves, fatten up, crash diet, donut binge, spend hours in the makeup chair and don expensive prosthetics, play people with special needs, and do everything they fucking can to win a Golden Globe/Oscar/Spirit Award/Bafta/Palme d'freakin Or.

They work hard for that money, honey, and I LOVE IT. I love going to the movies, period, and these are the ones I'm most excited about in coming weeks:

"Precious" (I will weep, and I will love it)



"The Blind Side" (opened this weekend, Sandra Bullock's best box office yet)



"Alice in Wonderland" (Coming out after awards season, technically, but IDGAF)



"Cracks" (I'll watch anything with the incomparable Eva Green, and there's another cast member named Imogen Poots. Sold.)



"A Single Man (Julianne Moore. Colin mother-loving Firth. Matthew Goode. The scrumptious Lee Pace.)



And, finally, "Princess and the Frog." (Disney! Return to classic animation! Musical! Anika Noni Rose! New Orleans! Voodoo! Ack!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment