Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In love with a bloggess.

Writing a blog makes you more aware of things that are happening online. Lives being lived that you never knew existed, sometimes in such exquisite detail it makes you catch your breath, or laugh, or sob, or all of the above.

starfishenvy.typepad.com is one such thing, one such blog. The ultimate blog for me, actually. She's funny, and sweet, and smart, and her writing circles around a theme - yearning for a child. It's not an issue I can relate to - not yet, anyway, but as a woman I get all of it.
And it doesn't hurt that she has my dream career (one of them.) She's a TV writer, and it shows. It's equal parts introspection and observation... no pity, no excuses. She kinda rocks. A lot.

In other news, I subscribed to "Clean Eating" magazine today. Check it out if you haven't - every issue has at least a dozen recipes I'd love to try. This last issue had a recipe for spiced pumpkin mousse that had me swooning. But it requires a food processor. So maybe that's the next healthy-living purchase? I stayed focused and made good choices today. One day down, the rest of my life to go.

1 comment: