Friday, September 4, 2009

I'm about to do something crazy

I mean, even for me.

Next Wednesday, between the hours of 2 and 4, I'm attending a Ford Models open call for plus-sized ladies. It's something I've always wanted to try... if you've ever watched the Fox show "More To Love," there's a girl on there who looks very similar to me - she's just a little heavier - and she is, indeed, a plus-size model. I was intrigued.

So, theoretically, I could do this. I'm also gonna go to National Anthem tryouts for the Phoenix Suns games. This is how I stay alive - alive-feeling, anyway. Putting these things within my sights and just going for them. I can sing, well enough, and I certainly know how to smile at the camera. So why not take a moment to dream about a different life... a life where I make millions, jetting off to London and Paris and Milan on regular intervals, hobnobbing with rock stars and media moguls, paying 6 months rent with a single shoot.
It could happen.

Just think - that's what this blog could eventually turn into. "Adventures of a Plus-Sized Model."
Subtitle: "With No Interest In Being a Regular-Sized Model." Eventually there would be a book deal, network appearances, my own plus-sized clothing line. Comprised of mostly creams, forest greens, charcoal greys and deep purples.
None of this has been thought of, at all, by me... ever. Not once.

I also run fantasies through my head regarding what I'll do with my Powerball winnings. We all have something that gets us through the day! This shit gets me along for weeks.

Anyway, it's time to get ready for First Fridays downtown, and a dinner at Fez, a decadent Moroccan burger joint with to-die-for apricot margaritas. I'm not a big drinker, but the combinations made possible by fruit and alcohol are sometimes just too good to pass up. What's your favorite fruity drink?

2 comments: